Browser-friendly version

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Free online tutorials for the ACL sector

Back in September I mentioned how the RDN was developing more free online tutorials for the Adult and Community Learning sector, as part of their Virtual Training Suite.

These provide a great way to help learners brush up on their internet skills while looking at specially selected web sites in subject areas they are interested in. These new tutorials are hobbies and interest based too which is spot on for ACL!

They show you how to use the internet for:
These five titles tie in with the kind of things that are often asked for in ACL so they're good ones to be able to add to your list of available resources.

So the next time someone comes into your centre, wanting to brush up their internet skills – you have five more web-based training options to make available to them, which might just tap into their hobbies and interests too.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my second attempt to try and post a comment on this blog. User restrictions at my place of work prevented me from being able to post a comment so I had to try again from a unrestricted machine.

I would like to know if there are any posters or leaflets available to advertise the free online tutorials. Within my place of work, I feel that the information found on the site could prove to be a beneficial resource to the general public.

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble posting your comment, but glad that it didn’t deter you!

Yes, the RDN do currently have A4 promotional leaflets, a generic RDN Poster and individual posters for each of the tutorials available to download from their site at http://www.vts.rdn.ac.uk/acl/.

You can also email them with specific publicity requests e.g. for pre-printed leaflets for distribution within your organisation, by sending your name, your address, the name of your organisation, and the number of leaflets required to rdn-vts@bristol.ac.uk

As a final point, its worth noting that you can email me your comments or queries too - just follow the link to ‘view my complete profile’ at the bottom of the right hand column of the blog and then click on the link to email me. If your query is one that I think others will benefit from, I can always post the question & answer as a comment, on your behalf.

Hope that helps - and thanks for stopping by!

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment John, and for sharing that resource! The webquest looks like a good starting point for tutors wanting to create learning activities around the VTS.

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve also added this webquest to my archive of favourites so that others can benefit from it too. It should now temporarily appear in the ‘links I liked’ section on the right hand side of this blogs main page. Cheers!

While I’m here just also wanted to amend my previous comment regarding posters and publicity materials – I posted wrong link for the page for the posters and leaflets (the sun must have been getting to me!). Correct link is here, that’s http://www.vts.rdn.ac.uk/posters/ - the Adult and Community Learning Tutorial posters are right at the bottom of the page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home