Browser-friendly version

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Crossword creation software

I was asked about Crossword creation software this morning so I thought I'd just quickly signpost one I've used previously. I know alot of ACL staff use Hot Potatoes which is great, but EclipseCrossword is also a fast and free way to create crosswords.

You'll need to install it but then you just give it a list of words and clues, and it does the rest. You can save, print, import into Word/Publisher or save as interactive crosswords for the web. The last option is my favourite because the web adds interaction, using either Java or dHTML - this way you can complete your crosswords online, start over, get hints, and dare I say just cheat if you get fed up!

For more info take a quick tour or look at samples that others have made here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home