Browser-friendly version

Friday, February 18, 2005

Furl - Your Personal Web

Just a couple of days ago I was raving about Furl to a freind on the train. Furl is:

'...a free service that saves a personal copy of any page you find on the Web, and lets you find it again instantly by searching your archive of pages - your Personal Web. Furl offers the best ways to share the content you find on the Web, and recommends new Web pages that may interest you. You can also search Furl to find the best sites that other people are saving.'
Will R. has now said that “Jim Wenzloff has put together a nice primer on how to get the most out of Furl.” (pdf format) which is great, because I can now also signpost that to explain more about Furl (and Furl the article myself).

Will adds…

“I have to say it's definitely one of my favourite tools on the Web, and more and more I'm finding it to be an invaluable, focused resource for me to mine. Of course it's taken a while to build up the content, but rarely a day goes by that I don't go to my archive to find something that I need. And the best part is just sharing a link to my topics when people ask for resources...”
I totally agree. Furl is also what I use to share resources on the sidebar of this blog so you can see one of the uses it has already. It’s well worth a look and something I’d now be lost without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home