Browser-friendly version

Sunday, August 28, 2005

PollMonkey - because your opinions matter!


I said recently that I would refine the email subscriptions to make sure that their frequency suits what most of you want. I also promised to show you how you can set up your own online polls for free, so here we are.

(Before I begin, I would like to say that using RSS is an even more effective way for you to receive news updates, but since so many of you are subscribed by email I’ll stick with this way for now. I do plan to come back to the subject of RSS soon though to show you how you can use a free newsreader to read exactly what you want when you want. But again, that's another job for the future. (I just keep setting myself work don’t I?!)

So here's the simple poll I was talking about. In the right hand margin of this page under the subscriber box. As you see it has just one question so please would you help me to help you by anonymously ticking one of the boxes? The results obtained so far will show as soon as you have made a selection. Thanks a lot!

And now for how to set up your free online polls….

You can set up a similar poll using free software called PollMonkey. A basic subscription is completely free and it allows you to collate the opinions of 100 users within a month period. It’s also very easy to use, you just sign up for an account (name, email and password are all that’s required), set your question, chose a design and publish. You can watch the online demo that's on this page to see what’s involved.

Once you’ve designed your own poll you don’t have to publish it on your own web page either, you can publish it externally and send a link to it by email - so you don’t have to be webmaster to give it a go! If you want an opinion on something, this could even be something you include in your next email newsletter.

So there you go, I hope you find it useful. I also hope that by you helping me in this way I'm able to get ace:UK and your email updates more closely aligned to your needs. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home