Browser-friendly version

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tidy Up Your Favourites

As a general rule I don’t tend to use ‘my favourites’ anymore (I use Furl mostly, so that I can share and access my bookmarks from anywhere) but I was surprised to discover recently that I still had 350+ sites stored as Internet Explorer bookmarks.

I didn’t want to delete them but wanted to quickly know which of them were still valid without going through them individually. So I was pleased to discover a piece of free software that would do this for me and just help to tidy them up. This was AM-Deadlink.

It looks like this...


…and it detects dead links and duplicates in your Browser Bookmarks.

If a website has become unavailable you can verify it in the internal preview and delete it. So if you can't remember what the sites were or why you initially book-marked them you can click through and preview then in turn.

If you want to tidy up your own bookmarks you can get it from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home